'In Almere is alles nieuw; daar is geen replica uit de Gouden Eeuw te vinden. Het heeft zijn korte geschiedenis, die meer is dan charme, en wie er goed kijkt zal het geen moeite kosten te zien dat de nieuwe stad en het nieuwe land ook mooi zijn, weergaloos.'



'Everything in Almere is new; there are no replica's from the Golden Age to be found here. It has a short history which is more than charm , and for those who observe carefully it will not be difficult to see that the new town and new land have an unparalleled beauty of their own.'

From: De ontdekking van Almere, H.J.A. Hofland



zaterdag 25 juni 2011

Memory Lane

I was browsing through my photoalbums in search of some black and white photographes of the past.
I scanned them and here they are..
My mother (third of left) with her parents, sisters and brothers. Only the aunt at the right is still alive and is 86 now.
My grand parents
This photograph is taken in 1954, me with family, neighbours, etc looking at a children's programme at my aunt's house. I won with this photograph a prize in 2000, in the catagory 'Television' of 'Picture of the century'. It was a journey to South Africa and it was wunderful there.
My brother and me

1 opmerking:

  1. Leuk die oude foto's, ik verbaas me er altijd over hoe oud het er uit ziet, het is echt een andere eeuw waarin wij jong waren. Wat een prijs voor een fotowedstrijd, Zuid Afrika, dat is pas iets om te winnen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen